National Register of Judges
The Garden Clubs of Australia has a list of Judges from most States. Our Coordinator’s duties are to:
To encourage the development of judges and judging in all aspects on behalf of The Garden Clubs of Australia Inc and to support the conducting of judge’s training schools whenever there is seen to be a need and there are personnel qualified and willing to conduct a school.
- Maintain the Judges Register and ensure it is current.
- Re register all judges every two years ensuring information is correct.
- The period for judges expires on 31st December every two years and a fee is determined by the GCA committee at the April meeting after discussion so that the fees charged to judges cover all costs incurred in running this service.
- Renewal Invoices are sent out no later than 1st November every second year.
- Where necessary the Judges Registrar may offer a pro-rata fee where qualifying judges fall outside the set period for registration.
- Handle all requests and enquiries to the GCA Judges Registrar from judges, clubs and others promptly.
- Ensure the integrity of all information held by the Judges Registrar on behalf of the GCA.
- Keep a register of all judging events.
- Prepare a written report for every GCA committee meeting.
- Ensure all judge’s training schools are run correctly, liaise with the Tutor and/or Coordinator ensuring that all costs are covered and the course will break even but not at a loss.
- Supply paperwork for courses if required.
- Make available to judges, Zone Coordinators, Trainers and others requesting them copies of the re printed booklets A Guide For Judges Of Garden Competitions, and Guidelines For Stewards.
- Ensure that our web page contains up to date information about judging, judges schools and any other suitable information.
Chair a Judge’s meeting as part of a GCA Convention and on the AGM day of the alternate year to share ideas and answer questions that may arise and offer solutions.
Click on the respective States for a list of Judges:
New South Wales
Shire Councils, Clubs and other organisations that hold garden or flower competitions may obtain information from the GCA judges list including names of available judges, by contacting the Judges Registrar. There are over 50 judges and convenors from judging associations listed, giving competition organisers a range of skills and qualifications to choose from. Affilated clubs can obtain their own complete list of Registered Judges.
Judges Courses are arranged periodically through the GCA to train potential garden judges from members of Affiliated clubs.