The GCA 2025 Calendar Submissions
Closing date 15th February 2024.
Following the success of the previous GCA Calendars, the GCA 2025 Calendar is to proceed featuring a further series of wonderful Gardens and Flowers etc. taken in Australia.
The success of the Calendar relies on affiliate members submitting wonderful images of Australian garden scenes – or flower images etc as small ‘fillers’.
The Rules for Submission of Australian Garden Photos:
- THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE.
- ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE FROM MEMBERS OF AN AFFILIATED CLUB OR GROUP or a REGISTERED OUR GARDENS MAGAZINE SUBSCRIBER.
- Only digital images can be submitted in JPEG or RAW format at a minimum 2MB file size for consideration for main Calendar month images. Minimum 500Kb file size images can be sent if you are sending them as ‘fillers’.
- Images must be in landscape format to fit the Calendar layout.
- There is no limit to the number of images a member can submit.
- Digital images are to be submitted either:
– via email to email@example.com, as attachments to the email. Multiple emails may be used to send a series of large file size images.
– via USB/CD/DVDs posted to:
Lynne Faux. 55 Duncan Drive, Aratula, Qld 4309.
– USB/CD/DVDs will only be returned if a stamp addressed envelope is included.
- Each submission must include:
– the name of the affiliated Garden Club or Group, and State. Or signify you are a Magazine subscriber.
– the name of the photographer.
– the name of the Garden and State if the image is intended for consideration for the Main Calendar Pages. For ‘fillers’ you submit you do not have to name the gardens or flowers.
- There is no time limit on when each photograph was taken.
Each photo selected for the Main Calendar Pages will attract a non-exclusive copyright fee of $100 paid to the photographer, by Bartel Calendars – refer to the GCA website for copyright details.
There is no payment to photographers for images used as small ‘fillers’, but the photographers Name, and State, is printed on the photo.
Images are destroyed after the completion of the Calendar year to protect the copyright of the photographers.
Enter for your chance to participate in the $1,300 total prize money donated by Bartel Calendars!!
Lynne Faux – Director of Graphics GCA
Address: 55 Duncan Drive, Aratula, QLD 4309
Phone: 0481 173 364
The photographer owns a copyright to all images submitted. The calendar publisher, Bartel Calendars, purchases the right to use those images chosen to be featured as the main garden pictures for $100 each. The photographer also retains the right to use and publish the image. The copyright purchased by Bartel is unlimited (may be used many times in any Bartel Calendars) but non-exclusive. The photographer retains an equal right. These copyright conditions are part of the rules governing the submission of images. The copyright issue only affects the Publisher, Bartel Calendars, and the photographer. In a legal sense, copyright issues do not involve the owner of the garden featured. Courtesy issues between the photographer and the garden owner are the province of the photographer.