THANK YOU TO ALL OF THOSE WHO SUBMITTED IMAGES FOR THE GARDEN CLUBS OF AUSTRALIA's 2019 “BEAUTIFUL GARDENS OF AUSTRALIA” CALENDAR
This annual calendar of beautiful Australian gardens and plants depends on receiving good quality images from our affiliated club members and subscribers to Our Gardens magazine.
The Calendar makes an excellent gift for family and gardening friends, particularly those overseas.
The closing date for submission of images for the 2020 “Beautiful Gardens of Australia” Calendar is 15 February 2019.
There is no entry fee.
The rules for submission are:
1. Only digital images in JPEG or RAW format.
2. Images must have been taken in Australia and be in landscape format.
3. The number of images you can submit is unlimited.
4. Images of gardens for the main calendar pages must be a minimum 1Mb file size.
Images of flowers etc. as “fillers” to be a minimum 500Kb file size.
5. Images to be submitted either via email to email@example.com, as attachments to the email, or by post.
USB/CDs will only be returned if a stamp addressed envelope is included.
5. Each submission to include:
- the name and full address of the photographer.
- the name of his/her affiliated garden club or group with state & postcode. (If a non-member but a magazine subscriber, please state).
- the name of the garden and state, if the image is intended for consideration for the main calendar pages.
Each image selected for the main calendar pages will attract a copyright fee (non-exclusive) of $100 paid to the photographer by the publisher, Bartel Calendars.
Images chosen as “fillers” on the monthly date pages do not attract a fee.
This Photographic Competition has Australia's largest total prize money (around $1,300), for a non-commercial photo contest, with NO ENTRY FEE.
Paul Lucas, Calendar Coordinator for GCA
Copyright statement from Bartel Calendars for images selected for the calendar
The photographer owns a copyright to all images submitted. The calendar publisher, Bartel Calendars, purchases the right to use those images chosen to be featured as the main garden pictures for $100 each. The photographer also retains the right to use and publish the image.
The copyright purchased by Bartel is unlimited (may be used many times in any Bartel Calendars) but non-exclusive.
The photographer retains an equal right.
These copyright conditions are part of the rules governing the submission of images.
The copyright issue only affects the Publisher, Bartel Calendars, and the photographer.
In a legal sense, copyright issues do not involve the owner of the garden featured. Courtesy issues between the photographer and the garden owner are the province of the photographer.