Pictorial Calendar 2018
HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THE GARDEN CLUBS OF AUSTRAILIA's 2018 GARDEN CALENDAR
This annual calendar of beautiful Australian gardens depends on receiving good quality produced exclusively for our members and makes an
excellent gift for gardening friends, particularly those overseas, seasonal photographs from members of affiliated clubs and subscribers to Our Gardens.
The closing date for photographs to be submitted is 1 March 2017 so now, this autumn, is the time to start taking them.
The rules for submission of photographs:
1. All submissions must be from members of an affiliate club or a subscriber to Our Gardens
2. Only digital images can be submitted in JPEG or RAW format.
3. Images must have been taken in Australia, be in landscape format and be uncropped
4. The number of images a member can submit is unlimited
5. Images are to be submitted either via email to email@example.com, as attachments to the email, or by post. USB/CDs
will only be returned if a stamp addressed envelope is included.
6. Each submission must include:
- the name and full address of the photographer
- the name of his/her affiliated garden club or group with state & zip code. (if a non-member but a magazine subscriber please state).
- the name of the garden and state displayed if the image is intended for consideration for the main calendar pages.
Each photo selected for the main calendar pages will attract a copyright fee (non-exclusive) of $100 paid to the photographer by the publisher,
Paul Lucas, Calendar Coordinator for GCA Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright statement for photos selected for the calendar
Each photographer owns a copyright to all photographs submitted. The calendar publisher, Bartel Calendars, purchases the right to use
those photos chosen to be featured as the main garden pictures for $100 each. The photographer also retains the right to use and publish the photo.
The copyright purchased by Bartel is unlimited (may be used many times in any Bartel Calendars) but non-exclusive.
The photographer retains an equal right.
These copyright conditions are part of the rules governing the submission of photos.
The copyright issue only affects the Publisher, Bartel Calendars, and the photographer. Photographers need not be members of an affiliated club.
In a legal sense, copyright issues do not involve the club submitting the photos nor the owner of the garden featured. Courtesy issues between the
photographer and the garden owner are the province of the photographer.
You can still order the beautiful 2017 GCA Calendar click here